Friday, July 25, 2008

Being Confident or Arrogant

Most successful people are confident. They are also sometimes perceived as arrogant. Does confidence ever become arrogance?

Consider these words:

Jesus Christ:

"I am the resurrection and the life. He that believes in Me though he may die, shall live. And whoever lives and believes in Me shall never die. Do you believe this?"

William F. Buckley:

"I am, I fully grant, a phenomenon, but not because of any speed in composition," he wrote in The New York Times Book Review in 1986. “I asked myself the other day, ‘Who else, on so many issues, has been so right so much of the time?’ I couldn’t think of anyone.”

Earvin "Magic" Johnson

"I never think that there's something I can't do, whether it's beating my opponent one on one or practicing another hour because something about my game is just not right."

Are these statements confident or arrogant?

No comments: