Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Being Dave Bing

Detroit has chosen the former NBA superstar, Dave Bing, as its mayor. As someone who was raised in Detroit, I commend the people on this decision. (I did not have a vote.) I was a consultant in the Archer administration and was pleased with how the City had moved forward with regards to business and inclusiveness.

Dave Bing was not only a stellar basketball player, but he is a great businessman. I believe Detroit will move forward for sure under his leadership, although it will not be an easy task. I know well the entrenchment of old thinking in such political adminstrations. Bing is no spring chicken, but his ideas are what matter.

Let's wish the new mayor and the people of Detroit well. I am happy that they have made a change in the right direction.

No comments: