Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Being in Davos II

Okay, I admit it. I may just completely be in a state of utter skepticism. But I simply could care less about what the geniuses of the world are pontificating about in Davos. Well, that's not altogether true. I suppose there is a sense of what's occurring there, as this is an annual meeting of the world's most powerful. It's just that many of these which include Wall Street bankers have completely lost my respect by their sheer greed, recklessness and dearth of ideas. As I read the tweets from those in Davos, there is no urgency and little relevancy. I wonder if this conference has largely become a mere meeting of fat cats where innovation is lacking and compliments among the attendees are aplenty, fattening themselves even more.

No comments: