Monday, September 15, 2008

Being Pro-Life and Pro-War

Can someone please explain to me like I'm a two-year old how one can be both pro-life and pro-war? How does the religious right rationalize this? Death is death if abortions are seen as such. If life is precious, why do we not consider the lives of the thousands who die innocently in war?

Being pro-life and pro-war means that death is both forbidden and sanctioned with war being rationalized away and the innocents spoken of as causalities. I am sure that those women who have had abortions would rather not have done so, and I would hope that the decision to go to war is a solemn one indeed.

So, could someone please explain to me like I'm a two-year old how one can be pro-life and pro-war?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It baffles me dearly when my right wing extremest say no way to Obama because he approves abortion..Okay, and your party is killing innocent lives daily in two wars and hundreds of young boys signing up for this crap. I AM pro life then that means ALL LIFE, NOT THE LIFE THAT WORKS BEST FOR YOU OR YOUR SITUATION, LIFE IS LIFE SO THEN SUPPORT IT ALL DUDE..OR SUPPORT NOT ALL OF IT IN CERTAIN SITUATION'S YOUR BEING BOMBED, YOU HAVE A FELON WHO WILL KILL AGAIN SO YES, TIME TO KILL HIM AND I LOVE LIFE... I AM PRO CHOICE, PRO WAR AND PRO DEATH PENALTY BECAUSE i BELIEVE IN EVERYONE OF THOSE CASES AND LIVES SOMETIMES THINGS NEED TO STOP FOR MANY SAD REASON'S..

Anonymous said...

Then I am assuming you are also pro-life and combat abortion as vehemently as you combat war?