Monday, September 15, 2008

Being Responsible

Both personal and corporate responsibility is obligatory if we are to have a sound economy. But I must admit to getting really nauseated with the fallacy that the little guy, who gets assistance through government agencies be it grants for college or milk for a baby, is the problem when, in fact, billion dollar corporate bailouts and war contracts in the billions have pushed us to the breaking point. At least that's the way it feels!

Would some brilliant economic expert (slim chance?) please explain it to me like I'm a two year old what's going on? No Walk Street or corporate talk please; make it plain as my tax dollars and my nieces and nephews' children's children's' tax dollars are/will be used to secure failing financial institutions if we don't get a handle on this thing right now. Balancing budgets, eliminating financial engineering, working harder, being ethical, cutting waste, and spending less all seem pretty simple to me. But I've gotta be missing something.

Yes, I'm TOTALLY for personal and corporate responsibility. But it's the hypocrisy that kills me.

No comments: