Saturday, March 21, 2009

Being Arianna Huffington V

Here is Arianna Huffington On "Morning Joe." If I had not been browsing the HuffPost, I would have missed this interview altogether. This show has become a must not see for me.

Armed with a master's degree in business from Oxford, Arianna's common sense take on Wall Street banks and credit unions makes a lot of sense. She does not hold the President's opinion on the Treasury Secretary.

The fact that Secretary Geithner had direct influence over Citigroup as the President of the New York Fed can't be overlooked, not to mention that Edward Liddy, the CEO of AIG, said under oath last week that Treasury was in on every decision of the contract. This includes the bonuses for AIG that everyone in the administration and Congress is shocked about.

"Toxic thinking," said Arianna, "is worse than toxic assets." This is her reason for calling on the removal of Geithner, Summers, et al. I have to say that I do not disagree with her.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you get a chance, check out today's Meet The Press.

Judith Ellis said...

Hey allen -- Sorry I missed "Meet the Press" this morning. I'm on EST and my TV was off all morning. But I think it airs again on MSNBC this evening. Maybe I'll catch it then. But I will watch "Fareed Zakaria GPS" with Eliot Spitzer.