Sunday, March 29, 2009

Being in Blackface VIII

Michael Steele is a buffon. As if his recent comments regarding his previous statements being a part of some grand strategic plan (Yeah, right!) wasn't enough, Steele now says that he's done reaching out to the President.

Why would the President of the United States reach out to such a one? Steele is completely irrelevant to the many crises our country face here and abroad. He is purely a partisan political figurehead. Michael Steele probably does not even enter the mind of President Obama.

Steele is an utter embarassement. I would that he not even speak. But here goes...



HERE IS THE TRANSCRIPT:

STEELE: Look, I like the president personally, even though I think he has got a little thing about me, that I haven't quite figured out what that is.

CNN: You haven't spoken to him?
STEELE: No.

CNN: You've reach out?
STEELE: Several times, and I'm done.

CNN: So there is no bipartisanship going on there?
STEELE: Not, not that I know of.

CNN: Is there any professional jealousy?
STEELE: Not on my part. What would I be jealous of?

CNN: He's the president of the United States.
STEELE: I'm chairman of the RNC, so, what's your point? We both have leadership responsibilities and roles. I'm not equating the two. My point is: you are on your track. I'm on my track. You do your thing. I do my thing.

No comments: