Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Being David Goodfriend

What a name. Reading it, I smiled.

I do not know David Goodfriend. In fact, I've never even heard of
him before today. (I gather he's a democratic strategist.)

Liking the name, I quickly looked it up: GOODFRIEND.

There is a one Audrey Goodfriend, a self-described
anarchist, none the less, who is quite interesting.

Audrey Goodfriend seems like a good friend; her work
in education reform is laudable, though she began
perhaps to the left of where I generally stand.

(We are forever becoming...)

Speaking of reforming education, I look forward to the
reform that the incoming Education Secretary, Arne Duncan,
will bring. This we most certainly need.

Sometimes a simple search leads to interesting things.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Judith...I was impresed with the selection of Arne Duncan as Secretary of Education. He definitely has a sustained record of improvement in leading Chicago public schools. Mr. Duncan also advocates the training and development of Principals...an investment in frontline leadership that is critical to connecting a neighborhood's schools with their local communities.

Education is the key to breaking the cycle of poverty and dependence. This is the kind of change in leadership and thinking that can produce better results!

Judith Ellis said...

Dave - I too was impressed with this selection. Arne Duncan seems not to be stuck in the past. He seems to be forever looking for innovative ways to solve old problems. This is what we need.

Mr. Duncan also seems to have a kind heart and strong desire to better our education system. I agree with the President-elect that education is connected to economics and even national security.

I most certainly agree that "education is the key to breaking the cycle of poverty and dependence."