Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Being Ingrid Newkirk

Watching a special on PETA, I must admit to being more than a bit alarmed and disturbed by both the co-founder, Ingrid Newkirk, and those who mistreat animals; they are all extremists.

I had been a vegetarian for 12 years or so and could not eat the first turkey that I prepared this year. But, if Ingrid Newkirk came to my shop to protest by defaming my property, I would probably not idly sit by and watch.

Besides publicity, is her desire violence? Some say that PETA and the Animals Liberation Front are terrorist organizations, seeking to evoke fear and rule by demanding conformity to their sense of ethics--love and respect for animals aside.

There seems to always be a righteous cause for religious zealots of all faiths to take a "by any means necessary" approach. It seems that the nonbeliever Ms. Newkirk has chosen animals as her God and violence and fear as her means for an ethical society.

No comments: