Saturday, December 27, 2008

Being a New Cabinet Member

In this watershed period nationally and globally should all policies both foreign and domestic be looked at anew?

Initially, I was a bigger fan of the cabinet President-elect Obama chose. His foreign policy and economic teams are veterans who are more centrist than some expected. I was pleased with this. But what happened in Gaza and on the Pakistani and Indian border today concern me.

In consideration of the policy change needed, can the new cabinet members deliver the necessary change? The necessity of experience notwithstanding, can the President-elect be the only voice of change among so many with ensconced views?

Although I have some concerns, I remain optimistic that a healthy balance will be struck on both the foreign and domestic fronts. Leadership matters.

What do you think?

No comments: