Saturday, October 17, 2009

Being Arianna Huffington XI

Here is a great conversation on women, work and life with Arianna Huffington, political commentator, nationally-syndicated columnist, activist and co-founder of the Huffington Post, and Cathie Black, president of Hearst Magazines, a division of the Hearst Corporation and one of the world's largest publishers of monthly magazines. Black manages the development of some of America's leading publications, including Cosmopolitan, Town & Country, The Oprah Magazine, Esquire, and Good Housekeeping. Be sure to watch the "full program."



Both Huffington and Black have written great books. Huffington has written more than a few, all of which I have read. In this discussion On Becoming Fearless...in Love, Work and Life, is brought up. It's a great read for women. Black's, Basic Black: The Essential Guide for at Work (and in life) , is also a fine book for women. Huffington and Black both tell wonderful personal stories of their rise to the top of their fields and the many storms they weathered on the road, personally and professionally. Do purchase the books. You will enjoy them and they will inspire you immensely.

4 comments:

Marion said...

Both books sound great. I'll put them on my list for my two daughters for Christmas. Blessings!

Judith Ellis said...

Oh, Marion, that is such a great idea! They will love them and so will you. Peace and love...

septembermom said...

I'm happy to add these books to my list! I know that I will find them interesting. Loved listening in on their conversation. Thanks Judith!

Judith Ellis said...

Kelly - I'm SURE you will find them interesting! I hope you love them. :-)