Monday, October 26, 2009

Being a Victor

Embarking on a new exciting venture my brother Reuben, who I have written of here, texted me today to encourage me. His timing is always perfect.

"Judith, you are a real blessing. Keep doing what comes so natural. Love you much."

"Reuben, thank you so much for that. I know that I'm rather brave but sometimes I'm not. Sometimes the things that I take on even scare me. Pray for me. I love you."

"Yeah, I'm certain you will be the victor. Always praying for you. Love..."

That last line gave me just the boost needed. It read so assuredly that I wanted to say that you too "will be the victor." Keep the faith!

6 comments:

Corrie Howe said...

Wish I had this kind of relationship with my brothers. Alas, it probably won't ever come...I've tried, but it takes two.

I'll just relish Jonathan's and Faith's and hope their relationship will always be so sweet.

Marion said...

Well, I have to agree with Reuben, you ARE a blessing. I know you'll be successful in whatever you undertake, Judith. You have my prayers for strength, courage and inspiration in all you do. Blessings!!

Judith Ellis said...

Corrie - My mother really did an extraordinary job in our raising that caused us as kids and adults to remain very close. (I have eleven siblings. Too have passed on.) We are honest with each other and are always there for one another. From what I've read on your blog you are encouraging a beautiful relationship between your children and that is indeed wonderful. It will be lasting. I hope that you and your brothers will connect.

Judith Ellis said...

I really appreciate your encouraging words, Marion. They matter. I pray the same for you.

septembermom said...

I love how Reuben stresses the word "certain" in his expectation of your achievement. He knows you. He knows your drive, passion and commitment. I feel that you can get past any obstacle. Your determination inspires me to push myself creatively and personally. Thanks Judith!

Judith Ellis said...

Yeah, that was nice, Kelly. Reuben is so incredibly dynamic and he ONLY thinks in terms of victory. He has been this way his entire life. When I was at Michigan and he in training for ministry we worked together during holidays and summers at our brother Ellington's group home for the mentally challenged. Another time we worked together at a boys and girls home. We have many stories to share, believe me. We have also worked together in programs for youths in Detroit and the suburbs. We have always had a great time together and have always supported each other. He's super!