Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Being Goldman Sachs V

Brian Griffths, Goldman Sachs International Adviser, explains the outrageous multiple billion dollar compensation of Goldman Sachs in a conference on "morality and markets" in London:

"I'm not a person of despair but I'm a person of hope and I think that we have to tolerate the inequality as a way to achieving greater prosperity and opportunity for all."

What is this guy smoking? He even quoted the Bible to justify Goldman Sachs' record bonuses:

"To whom much is given much is required."

Mr. Griffiths needs a good whipping with a wet noodle repeatedly for perverting this scripture. He seems deeply warped, far removed from reality. Isn't it something that Goldman Sachs used our money to make these billion dollar bonuses and then talk about us as if we are the charity cases? Sick! Maybe a few lashes will wake Mr. Griffiths up. The disgusting thing is that Goldman Sachs thinks that we are fools! But I'll settle for the lashes in the form of what Dylan Ratigan suggests:

1. Take your money out of big banks and move it to small banks and credit unions
2. Use cash and not credit cards
3. Call and email your Congress person and demand a hearing. (Why was our money used with no strings attached?)

Plus, I'd add:

4. Demand clawbacks. (This is the giving that I'm expecting! This should be the requirement!)

2 comments:

Marion said...

I agree, Judith. That man is crazy!! He'll have to face God one day and I wouldn't want to be at THAT meeting!! He sounds far removed from reality. I do everything you suggested and I'm also going to write my Congressman and Senator a letter of complaint. Thanks for keeping us informed. Blessings!

Judith Ellis said...

"He sounds far removed from reality."

I agree with this wholeheartedly, Marion. I find it extraordinary that the banks borrowed money from the taxpayer to the tune of nearly 1 TRILLION DOLLARS and now we are told of the necessity of inequality for the betterment of all in the future. This guy should be forced to resign posthaste. But MORE IMPORTANTLY it shows us, the American taxpayers, the depth of sickness on Wall Street. The problem is they are addicts and don't know it. Wall Street as become another Las Vegas. There is very little value creation with these guys when it come to investing. There has been mostly speculating. Like all addicts they need to be dealt with and not coddled. Bust the big banks up! NOW!