Sunday, October 4, 2009

Being a Pedophile II

Last week I wrote of the Polanski story, Being a Pedophile. On ABC's "This Week" with George Stephanopoulos Cokie Roberts said, "He raped and drugged and raped and sodomized a child. And then was a fugitive from justice. As far as I'm concerned, just take him out and shoot him."

I have been incensed with the Hollywood directors, Woody Allen, David Lynch and Martin Scorsese, who added their names to a petition which calls for the immediate release of Polanski. Which name is not surprising? Whoopi Goldberg jumped into the fray with this ridiculous statement that Polanski wasn't guilty of "rape rape." Well, what was it, Whoopi?

6 comments:

septembermom said...

I heard Whoopi say that on The View. I was surprised by that statement too. Any sex act by an adult with a 13 year old child is rape, no matter how you look at it.

Judith Ellis said...

Did you? Wow! I completely agree with your words here. Polanski also drugged and sodomized this young girl. He's a criminal, a rapist.

Pamela Cone said...

He's a rapist!! I am surprised that Whoopi is in support of him. Along with many others from Hollywood.

Judith Ellis said...

Say that, Pam!

Marion said...

I'm so glad to see you address this, Judith. Why to people in Hollywood think they're above the law just because they're actors or wealthy? If an 'average joe' had committed that crime, he'd have been rotting in prison a long time already. The man needs to pay for his crime. Rape is rape. I was a bit put off with Whoopi myself that day on "The View". She came across as defending Polanski, even if that's not what she meant, it's how it sounded.

Judith Ellis said...

Marion - I think it is very important for us to speak out publicly to denounce this kind of action for the good of the moral good of the country. For those who signed this petition, I am deeply disappointed. The good thing is that Polanski currently remains in jail. It will be an utter outrage if he is released and not extradicted to the US.