Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Being Passionate

Having 7 brothers, it is not unusual that I would be a big sports fan and quite athletic too. My brother, Ellington, used to say that I would have been a great basketball player or triathlon if I had not been so passionate about music so early on. He taught me how to play basketball and gives me pointers on golf.

A friend sent me this video yesterday because he knows that I'm a huge fan of Michigan football. It made my day! While I was not yet at the University of Michigan when this play was done, when I heard the excitement in this sportscaster's voice it reminded me of the joy and importance of being passionate. Do listen to the end.



Is there any doubt that Bob Ufer, the voice of Michigan football for 50 years, is passionate about winning? (It's good to see Bo, another passionate winner, in the clip too. RIP!) Be passionate about whatever you do!

7 comments:

Pamela Cone said...

Last year during winter quarter I had this instructor whom all the design students hated. One student made a comment at the end that "passion for design had long since died in her". I remember thinking, how empty.

Judith Ellis said...

Wow, what a powerful little story, Pam. Thank you.

septembermom said...

That passion must fill his veins with energy and life :) I want to be that positive and passionate about something in my life too. No more sidelines! Let's go for the touchdown :) Novelist Judith, I think you're almost to the end zone!

Judith Ellis said...

Kelly! Your words make me smile and encourage me to remain passionate. Thanks a lot, friend. I also know that your passion as a Mom and for writing is indeed palpable. I am inspired by your motherhood, writing and friendship. Thanks for these too.

Strawberry Girl said...

I seek for these kinds of reminders, life can start to drag and then become colorless... live life with passion or else you're not living at all!

Judith Ellis said...

"live life with passion or else you're not living at all!"

Yeah! This is what I believe!

Pamela Cone said...

"I seek for these kinds of reminders, life can start to drag and then become colorless... live life with passion or else you're not living at all!"

Amen, Amen & Amen Again