Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Being Lead by Values not Edict

While listening to President Bush give his finale press conference, I was appreciative for his service to our country and had compassion for his position in a very difficult time indeed.

As I listened to the range of topics been addressed and the range of emotions exhibited by the President, I could not help but to think that in such times it is even more crucial to lead by what we value most and not by edict.

Otherwise, our institutions are hollow.

(Listening to Senator Clinton's Senate Confirmation Hearing this morning gave me the thought above. I had been considering President Bush's press conference into the wee hours of the morning; her words this morning made sense in relation to the President's remarks. I trust, if confirmed, that Senator Clinton will bring the needed change to the State Department. Her remarks hit the mark. God-speed in implementation!)

No comments: