Monday, October 13, 2008

Being Purposeful

Isn't it ironic that the things that we feel purposed to do are often fraught with uncertainty, pain, challenges and fear? It is during these times that I have pressed forward and through the press recognized purpose.

Christ said it best. It is "for this purpose I came to this hour." In predicting his death He too was fearful. In the Garden of Gethsemane he asked if the cross could be avoided, if the pain could not be. But we all have crosses to bear on route to our purpose. Often times the route is the purpose. Who have you touched lately? Touch someone.

"Now My soul is troubled," said Christ, "and what shall I say? 'Father, save Me from this hour'? But for this purpose I came to this hour." It is for your sake, when you have done all that you could do to advance forward, that you have come to this particular time on the way to your purpose.

Press, pursue, persist on the way to purpose!

No comments: