Saturday, February 28, 2009

Being Poetry

Today in my inbox I received a most beautiful gift, the likes that I have never received before. Cynthia of Epiphany:Rebirth wrote the most beautiful poem for me. I would like to share it with you.

"On Seeing Judith"

Her eyes are stars which fell to a velvet lake
submersed and returned with spiritual wisdom.
There is a rare quality to her beauty, one that
transcends time filled with enlightment and Love.
She is twilight in a purple gown, scented with
enlightment and heavenly jasmine.
Each superior word is defined and elegant,
her Queenly heritage most evident.
Dearest Cynthia, thank you so very much for this most beautiful gift. You so know how your words move me. To think that you would write such about me is overwhelming indeed.

Ah, thank you, beautiful poet. I shall cherish this poem always.

We are all poetry.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cynthia,

What a terrific talent you have! Your words capture perfectly the essence of Judith as I know her to be.

Judith,

"Each superior word is defined and elegant, her Queenly heritage most evident.". Yup, that's you!

Judith Ellis said...

Dave - If you have not visited Cynthia's blog, please do. She is quite a poet.

Anonymous said...

Judith,

This I will definitely do! Thanks for the tip!

Judith Ellis said...

I think you'll appreciate her poetry, Dave. Her poems may be sources of inspiration for your Single Working Mothers network. She often writes of women of strength and courage, even amid harrowing situations and self-defeating thoughts.

Opaque said...

Beautiful!!! And, I agree, Cynthia is a great poet!!!

Judith Ellis said...

Yes, indeed, Brosreview!

Cynthia said...

Judith, you are most welcome,
you are a great intellectual
as well as a caring down to
earth woman.

Thank you Dave and BrosR.!

Judith Ellis said...

Thank you, Cynthia, for your encouraging words; they're really appreciated.