Sunday, February 15, 2009

Being a Grumpy Old Man II

In a post back in October I wrote of John McCain Being a Grumpy Old Man. It looks like the good Sentor may be even becoming grumpier. In an interview on Friday Bob Shrum said of McCain, "He is bitter and really angry. He is angry at the press, which he thinks is unfair. He is angry at Obama and angry at the voters. He has gone from being an angry old candidate to being an angry old defeated candidate."

I wonder when President Obama appears in his state of Arizona this week to talk about his plan for the nation's foreclosures, which are higher than most in Arizona, what his reaction will be. I wonder about this as Senator McCain had no plan to rectify the foreclosure situation in his state; instead, he bad mouthed the stimulus package which seeks to help homeowners facing such a crisis. From what I gather, Senator McCain will be in Arizona when the President is there this week but will not, as Republican Governor Crist of Florida, be with him onstage.

4 comments:

Cynthia said...

McCain is slipping more often and
revealing his grumpier side. It will be interesting to see if he
is present during President Obama's
meeting in Arizona.

Tell me Ms. Ellis, what position
would you hold in President Obama's
team/cabinet?
This is a challenge given by my
father to all of us at his birthday dinner.

My choice is United Nations Ambassador, now the grit of the challenge is to actually carry through with this position for
the next four years. Do the research, make the decisions, for the next four years.

I'm so curious about you Judith, or to my mind Speaker of
the House.

Judith Ellis said...

Cynthia - What a great question posed to all of you! What a wonderful father you have. You are blessed that on his day, he considered you and his country. Beautiful.

As I have followed your poems now for a little while and have come to know your most beautiful spirit through them, I can most certainly see you in such a role as UN Ambassador. Your seem balanced, passionate, loving, and discipline. A poem a day was no small feat and what beauties they were! Thank you.

As for me, I can see myself as either Speaker of the House or Secretary of State. My mother followed national and international politics very closely and we were expected to do the same. My various languages may also prove useful in travels and well as my ability to see all sides in Congress.

As very present as I am, I am also very much a behind the scene persons too. But I must admit that most people since my early youth have never seen such a place for me. Perhaps my gentle and not so gentle outspokenness, depending on the situation, and height (5' 10 plus usually 3 inch heels) have something to do with this. :-) But I have always LOVED seeing other achieve their goals. In many respects, this is mine.

My desire, above all, is to serve.

Cynthia said...

Really, for me you embody the
qualities of a most excellent
Speaker of the House or/and with
many languages under your belt,
and your formidable height Secy.
of State is a given.

Thank you for your confidence,
I will follow The UN Ambassador's
progress closely for the next
four years. Though just between
you and me my discipline could use
more work.

Thanks for playing along Miss. Judith.

Judith Ellis said...

Cynthia - Be very much assured that we could all do better in the discipline area. To play is fun indeed. You're a great play mate!